You might think I'm a little bit odd for the stuff I keep in my wardrobe (or closet, if you're American), but I didn't want to clear it out just for this post. I think the more of the real me you get to see, the more you'll know the person behind this blog. So, here are some of the things I keep in my wardrobe.
On top of the wardrobe I have 3 storage boxes, at the moment they are plain cream but I plan on covering them soon, I just haven't decided what design to do yet. In them I have hair accessories, junk jewellery and other little bits and pieces that don't have anywhere else to live.
As you can see, the majority of my wardrobe is exactly like everyone else's with clothes being the main thing in there. On the top shelf I keep backup skincare and make-up products, and in the bottom I have lots of different things.
At the front I have my crystal rose bowl, which lives in here when I don't have flowers to put in it. I bought this 2 years ago but it's antique and I love it. It's the only time I've ever spent a lot of money on something like that and it should last me for the rest of my life so I feel it was a good investment.
In the clear bag I have backup make-up, a few ELF Eyelid Primers, some cotton wool and a few mascaras that I haven't opened yet. There is quite a bit in here so I won't bore you by listing it all.
Recently Boots had a special offer on Soap and Glory (as they do quite often), so I stocked up on some of my favourite products:
- Hand Food - I seriously love this stuff and have 3 big bottles of it on the go at the moment and a small one in my handbag.
- Righteous Butter - This is the only body lotion I currently use, it works excellently on my dry patches, almost eradicating them.
- Orangasm - I haven't yet used this but it smells really good. I have 3 other shower gels I am using up before I open this.
- Clean On Me - Again, I haven't used this yet. It smells ok, but not as good as some of their other products.
- Heel Genius - I am obsessed with this stuff and won't be without it now. I wrote a post about it a while back if you want to check it out (link).
I also have some body lotion from Marks and Spencer. This stuff smells so good, like strawberry yogurt. It's ok but nothing special, but then the very cheap price reflects that.
I am a big lover of Seche Vite and keep my refill bottle in here. I only paid £20 on Amazon for a regular size bottle and huge refill, making it the cheapest top coat I have ever used.
I also have some moisturisers that I have as back up; night and day from Lacura, the Aldi range (which is surprisingly good) and a few from a brand that are no longer cruelty-free so I won't promote them here. I bought these when the company was still ok but obviously won't be buying from them again.
On the left hand side of the top shelf I have some films that I have been watching lately, as I told you in my Favourite Movie post, I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Here I have the blu-ray collection, DVD collection and single movies on DVD. I have more in my collection but I haven't sorted through it all yet. I also have a few superhero movies (my favourite genre) and a couple of others I have watched over the last few days.
In front of those are some vanilla scented draw liners. Vanilla is one of my favourite smells so when I sort out my drawers on the weekend I'll be putting these in them.
In the bottom I have lots of things, but what you can see here is:
- A polar bear that I had for Christmas a few years ago.
- LOADS of wrapping paper. 2 years ago I saw a special offer on this wrapping paper, 12 rolls for £17, and being a bargain hunter I thought it was a steal. When it arrived though it was 12 packs of 3 rolls, so I've been using it for every occasion ever since and am only about half way through it. To be honest, I'm sick of looking at it now and can't wait to use it all. It doesn't help that I've used most of the nice colours so have a lot of yellow and orange left.
- The pale blue are gift bags that I got in a set a few months back, I've only used 2 so far but they're a good size so will use the rest at Christmas probably.
What you can't see is what's underneath the gift bags, I have lots of craft bits and pieces; things to make jewellery with, tools, chain and so much that if I had to photograph and talk you through it all we'd be here all day.
I also have some shoes hiding under the polar bear, these are ready to be painted/decoupaged.
Other than a few comics and some paper work (hiding on the right hand side in the brown and white envelopes) that's about it. I hope you've enjoyed having a look into my wardrobe.