I've been eyeing up the Makeup Delight eyeshadow palette ever since Neve Cosmetics released it two years ago, so when I was perusing the CutECOsmetics website last week I was thrilled to see it reduced in price. Of course, that meant that I was able to pick up one to review myself and another to give to one of you lovely lot.
First thing's first, look at the packaging, how nice is it to see an eyeshadow palette that's not black? I don't think I've ever seen a turquoise palette before! There are ten shadows in the palette that are housed in large sturdy plastic packaging, there is no mirror in the lid, which to me is the only negative this about the packaging but on the plus side, all of the pans are magnetised so you can mix and match them with other Neve powders or replace your most used shades as required. I love that Neve offer this with their palettes and wish that more companies would do the same. The design on the lid is so pretty and is a metallic rose gold, which complements the turquoise beautifully.
The shades in the palette are (from left to right, top to bottom):
- Tacco 12 - cool brown with burgundy satin
- Pacific - duo-chrome pearlescent dark grey with sea green and light green reflections
- Casa Delight - purple lit by intense velvety finish
- Texas - brown satin hot paprika
- Biker Chic - grey asphalt, matte finish
- Jet Lag - orange with shades of fuchsia pink, satin finish (also functions as a blush)
- It's a Boy! - intense cobalt blue, satin finish
- Trinacria - bright orange, satin finish
- Route 66 - sand beige, light pink shimmer (also functions as a highlighter)
- Monterey - green moss, matte finish
As you can see, this is a palette full of colour and shimmer, so if you're more into matte neutrals this probably isn't going to be that exciting for you. Day to day that's what I usually wear, but occasionally I do like to break free of the boring browns and add a splash of colour, this palette is just perfect for that.
The quality of the shadows is absolutely outstanding, and I don't say that lightly. They're probably the best eyeshadows I've ever worked with. Although they're a powder formula, they're all so smooth and buttery, very much like cream shadows. The only shade I had a slight issue with was Casa Delight, the purple. I found it was slightly more powdery than the other shades, and therefore, was less pigmented. All of the swatches are shown dry and without primer, but if you choose to use them wet (and they're designed to be used that way too) they really are super intense.
Because they're such bold colours, I was slightly worried about blending them but I needn't have been, they blend very easily and without blending away to nothing like some other brands I've tried. A word of caution; If you do decide to amp up the intensity and apply the shadows wet, wear a primer. My arm is still stained from Casa Delight and Monterey after trying them wet for the first time, I'm sure you don't want purple and green eyelids for days!
I use a primer with every eyeshadow I wear; because I have hooded eyes I find that even the best formula will crease on me within the hour. With primer though I got a full day's wear out of these without losing any pigmentation at all. They didn't fade or crease and still looked as great at 11 pm as they did at 10 am. A few of the shades do have a tendency to produce some fall-out, so I'd suggest doing your eye make-up before your base.
I'm thoroughly impressed with this eyeshadow palette and now have a lot more Neve products on my wish list, so don't be surprised if you see a lot more of the brand in the future. Neve Cosmetics Makeup Delight Eyeshadow Palette is available online for £24.95, or you could try your luck and enter my giveaway below.
- To be in with a chance of winning a Neve Cosmetics Makeup Delight Eyeshadow Palette, enter via the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Those using multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified.
- There will be one winner.
- The giveaway is open internationally, where permitted by law.
- Any customs/import charges are the responsibility of the winner.
- The mandatory entries must be completed or you will be disqualified (the mandatory entries are the 2 that appear on the Rafflecopter widget before you are able to unlock any other entries).
- The giveaway will run from 9 September 2015 - 5 October 2015 12 am GMT.
- Once the giveaway is over I will contact the winner directly via email. Once the email has been sent the winner will have 3 days to reply before a new one is chosen.
- The prize is provided by and is being sent by me, Neve Cosmetics takes no responsibility.
- By entering you agree that I may use your name to publicise the draw.