Whilst browsing the New Look website recently, I stumbled across a whole host of make-up products that I hadn't seen before. I was totally clueless about New Look selling cosmetics, so decided to send them an email to ask about their animal testing policy, here is what they had to say.
Good afternoon Kelly,
As requested please find below your original questions and each answer.
1) Are any of your finished cosmetic products tested on animals either by your company or through a third party? NO
2) Are any of the ingredients you use in your cosmetic products tested on animals either by your company or through a third party? NO
3) Are you or your manufacturers owned or affiliated with any companies that may test on animals? NO
4) Do you currently sell your cosmetic products in China? YES
5) Do any of your cosmetic products contain any animal by-products (e.g. lanolin, carmine, albumen, whey, beeswax, etc)? NOT GENERALLY, but the factories we use may provide us with products (candles etc.) that may contain animal by-products (we only source responsibly farmed animal by-products as per the statement on the corporate website).
6) Do you have a list of vegan friendly cosmetic products? NO, as we can't guarantee that animal by-products are not used (we only source responsibly farmed animal by-products as per he statement on the corporate website).
You can also find New Look's official statement on our Animal welfare policy here.
I hope this answers your questions and if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
I am sad to say that because New Look sell their cosmetics in China, this means that they fall under the animal testing laws in that country, so they are not cruelty-free.